HOUSE OF MARS


Thursday, September 6, 2007

Suffering

To suffer pain is part of humanity. I do not think anyone here is alien like Kokey to human suffering. Suffering comes to different people in different forms: sickness, poverty, loneliness, persecution, malignant and so many others. All of us have suffered...I too, one way or the other. I challenge anyone here, reading my blog, to tell me that he/she does not know what suffering means.
Some of our sufferings weigh too heavily on us that we cannot even share them with our closest friends. The paradox of human suffering is that sometimes we think we are the only individual suffering. When you have a headache, you can think that the world is unfair to you.
Suffering should not make us more selfish. Suffering should not make us impatient.
Suffering should not prevent us from serving, loving, healing and forgiving others.
Because the greatest measure of love is to love even if ourselves are suffering.

No comments: