HOUSE OF MARS


Thursday, November 8, 2007

stardust the movie

Welcome to the realm of Stardust, a fantastic fantasy adapted from author Neil Gaiman's book of the same name that wastes no time constructing a dense mythology overflowing with scorned princes, fiendish warlocks, airborne pirates, and the aforementioned star named Yvaine -- played with an ethereal chip on her shoulder by a glowing Danes.

Here are some of the lines from the movie that strucked me most...

"...but when I see the way that mankind loves... You could search to the furthest reaches of the universe and never find anything more beautiful. So yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing, and.... Is this love? I never imagined I'd know it for myself. My heart... It feels like my chest can barely contain it. Like it's trying to escape because it doesn't belong to me any more. It belongs to you. And if you wanted it, I'd wish for nothing in exchange - no fits. No goods. No demonstrations of devotion. Nothing but knowing you loved me too. Just your heart, in exchange for mine."


Reviews:
Stardust provides the awe-inspiring fantasy that usually attracts saucer-eyed young ones, but doesn't shy away from murder, dark magic, and adult jokes. It's a breath of fresh air after months of summer blockbusters aimed squarely at male teenagers. Stardust promises storybook adventure for grownups, who require (and deserve) a little fairy dust blown their way from time to time.


If i were to rate, 5 being the highest...
I give it a score of 4.

According to Sean O'Connell
It's not a blimp, it's a zeppelin!

No comments: